Students of the Month
The November Leveled Classes Student of the Month is Giulia Angelini.
Giulia is a Junior at the Woodward High School and is a foreign exchange student from Italy. Giulia is taking Level 4 ballet and pointe and is assistant teaching in Level 3 Ballet.
I asked her to tell us a little bit about her life in Italy before coming to stay in Woodward:
“I live in a city called Alessandria (an hour and a half from Milan) and I live with my mom and dad. My half brother used to live with us but now he has his own house. My mom is a teacher in elementary school, and my dad is the head policeman of a town near where I live. Throughout the year, they’re usually really busy with work, and I usually come home late from dance, so we don’t really talk a lot during weekdays! But it’s also because of them that I’m here in the US. ”
Here are some other fun facts about Giulia:
1) What are you most looking forward to in an American Thanksgiving? I’m not really informed about Thanksgiving, but I know families usually reunite and eat a lot of food on Thanksgiving day, so I’m really excited about that!
2) What are you most thankful for and why? I’m really happy to be here in US and also I’m happy I found very nice people, at school, at home, and also at dance!
3) What’s your favorite thing about living in the US? I think my favorite thing about US is the school, it’s so much better than my Italian one, and I really like the food from here.
4) What is your favorite style of dance? My favorite type of dance is ballet because I’ve been doing it for over 12 years, but I also love contemporary dance, because you don’t really have rules to your body like in ballet, and you’re more free.
5) What has been your favorite R&C moment so far? I really like this period of the year when we’re all excited for Christmas and the Christmas show, and I literally can’t wait it to be December 13th!! 🥰
The November Early Childhood Classes Student of the Month is Charlie North.
Charlie is a Kindergartener at the Woodward ECC. This is her 2nd year at R&C. Here are a few fun facts about Charlie:
1). What is your favorite part of the Thanksgiving meal? My favorite part is all the desserts!
2). What are you most thankful for? I’m thankful for the USA, my baby sister and my family.
3). What is your favorite style of dance? Tap dance is my favorite!
4). What is your favorite R&C moment so far? I love to go to dance bc Mrs. TeNeil is the best and most fun teacher and I love tap dancing with her and my friends!